- Published: June 20, 2016
New Fairfield, CT: Sue Antilla has had two foals so far this year, both by Alluinn Durango (Aladdin's Denver x *Patty's Meredith), who belongs to Sara McCrea and stands at Northern Connemaras.
- Published: June 20, 2016
Fairburn, GA: Region IV of the ACPS held its annual show the weekend of June 10, 2016, at the beautiful Bouckaert Farm, home of Chattahoochee Hills Eventing, just south of Atlanta. The weather was perfect, if somewhat warm, and people from all over the region showed up to participate in a variety of In-Hand and Ridden Classes. Stephanie Fenton-Hickey was the very able organizer.
- Published: June 09, 2016
Email photos with breeding of foal to Donna Duckworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Published: June 09, 2016
Woodside, CA: Not one but two Connemara Ponies qualified yesterday for the West Coast USEA Future Event Championships. The beautiful part bred filly Contessa ASP sired by Chicco B and out of Freerayn Tsunami (Village Prince x Hideaways Irish Mist) qualified in the 2yo Fillies division.
- Published: March 28, 2016
Horse & Hound: The Connemara’s natural habitat is the almost lunar landscape of Ireland’s rugged west coast, but the breed’s origins are somewhat hazy. A legend relates that Spanish horses from the Armada that sank off the coast landed and bred with the indigenous wild ponies. This seems somewhat romantic, but you only have to look at the Connemara to see its quality. This refined beauty has not escaped the aficionados of M&M showing, to which the Connemara’s track record attests...
- Published: March 25, 2016
The Chronicle of the Horse: When you see Eliza Farren and Bantry Bay’s Dublin gallop by on cross-country this weekend at the Cloud 11-Gavilan North LLC Carolina International CIC*** (N.C.), make sure to give them a loud cheer.
Farren and her Connemara-Thoroughbred cross will be tackling Ian Stark’s track on their way to the Rolex Kentucky CCI****, and “Dublin” thrives on the atmosphere of big events....
- Published: March 10, 2016
Altoona, Florida: Five Connemaras strutted their stuff at the Rocking Horse Winter III Horse Trials last weekend, competing against a large field of riders from all over the USA enjoying the sunny Florida winter weather. As Cathy Blackmon says, “we are extremely proud of all of the ponies’ heart, effort, talent and results. Proves these ponies can do it all!”
- Published: February 01, 2016
Sydney is a new member and is looking forward to riding her connemara pony Aluinn Denmark in the 50th Anniversary show. Sydney is 7 years old. We had a nice weekend of riding.
- Published: January 29, 2016
Elkton, MD: The Seldom Seen Trophy is presented annually at the USEF’s award dinner to the highest placed purebred or halfbred Connemara ridden by a junior in USEF Dressage competition. This year it went to 11 year old Macenna Sylvia and Kynynmont Laney. It was the second year in a row that a Kynynmont pony had won the award. The award is named after Seldom Seen, Lendon Grey’s fabulous halfbred Connemara who set records in the Dressage arena, setting new standards for other Connemara owners and competitors to aspire to achieve.
- Published: January 22, 2016
Lexington, KY: On the weekend of January 16, 2016, the ACPS Board of Governors held its semiannual meeting. This January gathering is held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the USEF. Besides attending seminars offered by the USEF, many business matters were tackled and much accomplished. Details of registering equines with the new Connemara Sport Horse Registry were discussed and many things ironed out. Specifically it was pointed out that any foal with any amount of Connemara blood needs to be tested for HWSD unless both parents are known to be N/N. Susan McConnell reported that as the ICCPS/CPBS voted to register blue-eyed cream stallions, they may now be registered with the ACPS. This was previously prohibited, even though blue-eyed cream geldings and mares could be registered. And Cathy Blackmon reported that the finances of the organization are sound.
More Articles ...
- Ridgetop Windy City Receives Multiple Awards
- Kynynmont Ponies Receive National Recognition
- Jeanne Woodward-Poor & Kier
- The Blackmon Girls at the Ocala Horse Properties Fall Horse Trial
- American Connemara Magazine Stallion Issue
- Glenmeadow Golden Wish & Kim Harrison
- Equine Affaire in Springfield, MA
- Sir Lancelot daughter places 12th at Pony Finals!
- Kynynmont Gunsmoke’s Gideon
- 2015 American Eventing Championships Results
- ACPS Annual Meeting 2015
- This Just in from Horseware Ireland
- USDF Region 7 Dressage Results
- Region III Holds 29th Annual Show
- Breaking News for ACPS Junior Members
- Can You Guess?
- Purebred Connemara Wins at Dressage
- Junior Driver Wins Big
- Register Now! 59th Annual Meeting & Awards Banquet
- Midwest Connemara Breeders' Show and Inspections Held
- 49th Annual Region I show Held
- Oakfields Farms Takes Home Top Prizes at Warrenton
- Hidden Haven Show
- New Foals in Canada
- Region IV Annual Show
- Region 1 Field Day
- Two New Purebred Fillies Born
- Rolex Kentucky Three Day Event
- A Horse of a Different Color: Poppyfields Tristan
- American Connemara Pony Society Adds Sporthorse Registry
- New Foal
- All in the Family
- First Foal of the Year
- ACPS St. Patrick's Day Party
- Snowy Days
- ACPS BOG Meeting and USEF Awards
- American Connemara Magazine
- 2014 AGM Minutes
- Breeding Event Horses: Future Generations and a Twenty Year Plan
- Thanksgiving Horse Trials in Georgia Well Represented
- Hoof Wall Separation Disease (HWSD)
- Region IV Annual Show at FL Horse Park
- McCamey Kimbler Wins 2014 USEF Youth Sportsman’s Award
- Lee Taylor and Cedar's Padraig Featured
- 2014 American Eventing Championships Results
- 2014 ACPS Annual Meeting
- Melanoma Research Project at UC Davis Needs Samples