As a member of the ACPS I hereby acknowledge my responsibility to conduct myself in accordance with the ACPS’s By-Laws, Code of Ethics, and Conflict of Interest Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to:
CODE OF ETHICS
- Honest and fair dealings with members and the public on all ACPS-related matters
Respect for all members, owners, and breeders free from derogatory, harassing, or defamatory statements whether in person, in writing, or on social media.
- Become familiar with and abide by the By-Laws and Policies and Procedures of the ACPS and each Region
- Respect and protect the privacy and reputation of the ACPS, its members, donors, sponsors, and employees and volunteers.
- Avoid conflicts of interest both real and perceived in all ACPS business.
- Refrain from using ACPS assets and information for personal gain.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- Remain objective and free from personal bias or personal agendas in all ACPS business, private sales, breedings, registrations, and inspections.
- Avoid the substantial appearance of conflict of interest, both real or perceived.
- Disclose actual or potential conflicts of interest and refrain from participation in decision-making on matters where personal gain or benefit exists or is perceived.
- Resolve all disputes informally or in accordance with the Arbitration provisions of the By-Laws and not through resorting to lobbying or disparagement on social media or other venues.
I have reviewed the Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policies above and as a member of the ACPS, I hereby acknowledge my responsibility to conduct myself in accordance with the ACPS’s By-Laws, Code of Ethics, and Conflict of Interest Policies provided to me or available on the ACPS web site and agree to abide by them in all my ACPS dealings.
I acknowledge my acceptance by my signature below:
Once you have submitted this form to ACPS you will be taken to the USEF website to complete your membership application.